Ultra Street Fighter 4 developer Capcom has implemented a series of changes in its latest iteration of its long-running fighter, and the company has revealed the whole thing online, showing character move tweaks, balancing changes and much more.
We've includes a selection of the notes below, but you'll find character-specific changes through here, showing how each fighter's move-set has changed between versions. The list is seriously massive so we haven't pinched all of it.
Compiled by Nesica, the changelog goes as follows:
- Costs 2 bars to use.
- Command is MP+MK+LP.
- Does 1.5x as much damage as a regular Focus Attack.
- Level 1 will give hitstun. Level 2-3 will crumple opponent.
- Can absorb any amount of hits. Level 1 and 2 work the same as regular Focus, that you can be counter hit while you’re moving in to attack. Level 3 has armor during the full attack duration.
- While being hit during a red focus, you get twice as much Ultra gauge as during regular hits.
EX Red Focus
- Costs 3 bars to use.
- It used by pressing MP+MK+LP to cancel a move during hit or block.
- Damage is 1.5 as much as a regular Focus Attack.
- Level 1-3 all crumple.
- No armor.
- As long as you hold the buttons, you will get double as much Ultra gauge as during regular hits.
- Is used by press two buttons at the same time right before you hit the ground (if it is delayed wakeup-able).
- It extends your wakeup by 11 frames.
- “Delayed Wakeup” will appear in text on the screen as a visual.
Ultra Combo Double Notes
- Ultra Combo Double scales your ultras so they won’t do 100%. Scaling is different between characters. E. Honda, Zangief, Dhalsim, Akuma, Cammy, Fei Long, Rose, T. Hawk, Makoto, Hakan and Hugo each do 60%, while all other characters will do 75%. There’s a little more that needs to be noted, which can be found below.
- Gouken’s Denjin Hadouken does 75% damage, but only 65% stun.
- Balrog’s Dirty Bull and Gen’s Shitenketsu (Mantis U2) does 75% damage and stun.
- Juri’s Feng Shui Engine lasts for 900 frames if used with 100% gauge and Ultra Combo 1 selected. With 100% gauge and Ultra Combo Double selected, it lasts for 630 frames.
- Elena’s Healing will heal 75% as much as usual when using Ultra Combo Double.