Tuesday Shorts, overnight edition - E3 billboard, Minecraft docco, Liberty City street view
Holiday weekends just mean even more entertaining dribbles of almost-news than usual. Venture within and be fully informed.
- Kotaku spotted this "brief" History of Western Action RPGs. More like "exhaustive".
- Once upon a time there was (almost) a zombie game called Gunhero. You can look at its remains.
- The interactive Liberty City map now features street view. GTA IV is nearly redundant.
- The first Zelda game was supposed to support Nintendo's Zapper gun. How about that.
- Nvidia's put out a pair of $99 stereoscopic 3D glasses - the catch is, they're wired.
- Nvidia's also got a new mobile chipset which could double the power of gaming laptops.
- Australian consumer group CHOICE has pointed out how unfair local games pricing is. Here's hoping the government and retailers are listening.
- Part two of the origin story of the PS Move Sharpshooter is out.
- 2 Player Productions is a making a film about Minecraft, and wants your stories.
- Speaking of ye olde Craft of Mines, someone's made a creeper plushie. Just... euuugghh.
- Sadly, Keiji Inafune does not have a new PS3 game coming out this month, as previously reported. He meant Hyperdimension Neptunia mk II, in which he appears as a weapon.
- More details of Windows Phone 7's "Mango" update have emerged, including more stuff to do with your Live Avatar.
- Michael pachter's Xbox Live account has apparently been hacked. Make your passwords hard, be wary of phishing.
- Spike TV's Geoff Keighley snapped a picture of this year's giant E3 billboard going up - it's Skyrim. Apparently.
Today's unrelated street art.