Battlestate Games has published the first of two packs of screenshots featuring the enhanced graphics in Escape from Tarkov.
The developer said that since closed Alpha, the MMOFPS has constantly been improved upon, and work continues on large-scale online testing and performance optimization.
Upon release, the game promises to feature massive upgrades to its visuals due to "significant engine upgrades."
A list of graphical changes made since closed Alpha are posted below, along with a set of screenshots depicting the changes.
- Improved shaders with added Physically Based Rendering (PBR) features
- Ambient light portals (improved indoor lighting
- Complete and improved sky lighting in full daylight cycle
- New Screen Space Ambient Occlusion
- Contact Ambient Obscurance
- New tone mapping
- Eye adaptation
- Improved SSR (screen space reflections)
- New color correction
- Reworked and improved most of the materials and textures of characters, weapons, and objects
- Optimized terrain and vegetation
Close beta testing for Escape from Tarkov is planned for 2016 and while Battlestate Games hasn’t announced a release date, we'll likely see a release sometime next year. Don't quote me on that, though.