Jonathan Blow has posted a development update for The Witness and it's full of numbers, because that's what you like.
According to Blow, here is a list of data sizes included in the Witness - basically size files not source files:
- Texture Maps: 1,196 files, 446MB
- Meshes: 4,588 files, 507MB
- Sounds: 2,435 files, 1.2GB
- Animations: 197 files, 0.6MB
- Entities: 1 file, 4.3MB
- Lightmaps (these are auto-generated): 17,916 files, 453MB
- Total (including other files not listed here): 39,387 files, 2.7GB
The exploration-puzzle game will also run at 1080p with 60fps on PS4 - that's the plan at least.
"We’re planning to render at 1080p and 60 frames per second," said Blow. "Right now we meet this target in many areas of the game, but not everywhere. But with more old-fashioned hard work, we should be."
The Witness set for release in mid-2014 on PC and PS4. The game will come to iOS shortly after that, and other platforms a bit later.