CD Projekt RED is about to release a new update for its Witcher 3 modding suite, Modkit.
Love it or hate it, the Witcher 3 can only be modded through a limited kit known as Modkit. Soon, this toolset will get an update.
Community manager Marcin Momot revealed the full list of changes on the game's forums. Here they are below.
- Fixed a bug causing wcc_lite to fail when uncooking the game
- Added the ability to mod textures from the textures array
- Added a warning information when wcc_lite failed due too long file path
- Cleaned up wcc_lite output log
- Fixed a bug when some normal maps and speculars were imported incorrectly. Now imported textures which name ends with "_n" and "_s" will be assigned to proper categories
- It is now possible to add new textures using mods
- Serval fixes and minor improvements to Script Studio
Momot did not say when we should expect the new update to release.