The first expansion pack for The Sims 4 is in development, and it's called Get to Work.
In it, players will take active control over their Sims’ careers in three new options:
- Be a Doctor: Your Sim can now spend their work day saving lives, treating patients, performing emergency surgery, and for the first time ever, delivering babies.
- Combat Crime: Investigate crime scenes, interrogate Sims, and arrest criminals while you work your way from Cadet all the way up to the Chief of Police.
- Experiment and Invent: Scientists spend their days building crazy inventions and collecting unique specimens for diabolical creations like the Sim Ray. Your Sim will have to decide whether they’ll use their inventions to help or torment their fellow Sims.
- Create Unique Retail Businesses: Create any number and type of retail business you want, including bakeries, clothing boutiques, art galleries, bookstores, and much more. You can customize every facet of your business with Build Mode; select what items to sell, manage your employees, and even upsell customers!
- New Career Venues: All new career venues and neighbourhoods like the Hospital, Police Station, and Science Lab are fully stocked with brand new objects to help your Sims achieve success. Or head down to the Retail District to check in on the many retail businesses you’ve created and find your Sims true calling.
- Learn New Skills: Check out a whole new set of skills that will allow your Sims to create even more unique objects. Sims can now capture the picture-perfect photo or bake and decorate a delicious treat with the new Photography and Baking skills. Whatever your Sims make can be proudly displayed at home or sold to earn a few extra Simoleons.
- Discover Aliens: Aliens have landed and walk amongst us. Find out which Sims are truly out of this world and discover the mysterious Alien dimension.
The Sims 4 Get to Work expansion will release in April for Mac and PC and will run you $40.