The morning BULLCAST - what you need to know now
We decided to give this a name. It may be a terrible name. It's supposed to be a mix of "podcast" and "bulletin," but it just reminds us of "bullshit". Whatever. Here's everything you need to know this morning in both text and audio form. Head below for your morning bullshit.
Here's the audio:[audio:https://assets.vg247.com/current//2011/03/031711bulletin_mixdown.mp3|titles=031711bulletin_mixdown]
And here's the motherfucking breakdown:
- Homefront sold 375,000 units in its first day on sale in the US, although THQ suffered stock jitters this week based on some middling reviews.
- Mass Effect 2 won the Best Game BAFTA in London last night. Heavy Rain won three awards. Red Dead Redemption won nothing, as Rockstar chose not to enter it.
- Steam Guard's launched. It's a protection system for Steam that Valve announced at GDC.
- Activision has been given the go-ahead to sue EA, Jason West and Vince Zampella for $400 million.
- EA said yesterday that 1.5 million people have signed up to beta test Star Wars: The Old Republic.
That's it. We all win.