Here's every bit of news out of The Game Awards 2014 - all in one place
While most of you across the pond in Europe and the UK slumbered, The Game Awards 2014 took place in Las Vegas last night. We covered it by posting some rather nice trailers and a bit of news. Head below for a complete list of headlines.
There's plenty to take in below, so I've tried to organize it a bit and add some humor into the mix. Even if you don't think I'm funny, please be nice about it. I'm really tired today.
- A story trailer for Dying Light was released: It's the first time Techland has shown what your character's objectives are, and it doesn't sound like a walk in the park.
- Metal Gear Online shown off for the first time: Here you get to see Snake and other guys fighting bad guys and playing with a battery operated toy dog. There's also some screenshots.
- Click here for spankingly awesome Bloodborne trailer: I don't know what to say about this other than watch it. It's going to be awesome. I hope.
- Gone Home developers show off Tacoma for the first time: The FullBright Company has another interesting title in the works. It's a sci-fi title, and looks interesting.
- The Banner Saga 2 is in the works: Stoic Studio revealed the sequel with a 44 second trailer. While short, it conveys the conflict shown rather well.
- Have a fresh look at The Order: 1886: This one has been on my personal radar since its announcement, and with each video released, it look even more intriguing.
- Godzilla The Games lets you play as King of the Monsters: History shows again and again how nature points up the folly of men.
- You can play someone other than Geralt in The Witcher 3: We don't know which character you will be able to play, because CD Projekt RED wouldn't tell us. The only thing we know is that person is in this trailer.
- Another gorgeous trailer for No Man's Sky has our hopes up: Hello Games showed off it's ambitious title again last night, and you've have to be made of stone to not be interested in this game.
- King's Quest makes the kid in us jump for joy: Slated for PC, Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS4, and PS3 in 2015, we can't help but be excited for The Odd Gentleman's homage to this lauded series.
- Human Element is finally shown in action: The game isn't set for release until November 2015, and this is the first look we've seen of the game other than screenshots and proof of concept.
- Star Fox will release before The Legend of Zelda Wii U in 2015: Along with the snippet of gameplay shown, Miyomoto-san said the next Star Fox game will arrive before Link's latest adventure.
- Here are the winners of The Game Awards 2014: Dragon Age: Inquisition walked off with Game of The Year and Best RPG awards. Mario Kart 8 also won two awards, as did Destiny and Valiant Hearts: The Great War. Nintendo took home the Developer of the Year award.
- In Adr1ft no one can hear you scream: But you can hear your breathing loud and clear. At least you are still breathing, so it could be a hell of a lot worse.
- Watch the launch trailer for Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris: Horus sure looks different, and I really don't know what to make of it. Maybe he's lost his falcon head privileges. I'm just guessing.
- Dungeon Defenders 2 enters Steam Early Access, coming to PS4: The game will be free-to-play but not pay-to-win, Trendy Entertainment promised. This is because you will only pay real money for skins and costumes. That's a relief.
- This Until Dawn gameplay video features a bat-wielding maniac: While I commend the lady for being concerned with personal hygiene, taking a shower probably wasn't the best idea in the world, what with a crazy masked murderer running around the place. Then again, people in horror movies and games seem to lack common sense. This is why they always get killed in the most horrible ways imaginable.
- Battlefield Hardline story trailer released: The single-player portion of the Visceral Games shooter has a storyline, and the video shown last night delves into it. Have a watch.
- In Before you play as a caveman: The next game from Rust developer Facepunch Studios was revealed as Before. The video for it shows and absolutely gorgeous world, but it also looks fraught with danger. Hopefully, you can survive.
- EA is publishing debut title from new indie studio Hazelight: The studio is headed up by Josef Fares, writer and director for Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons. Nothing pertaining to the game was really revealed, but we do know two men will be riding the rails in a boxcar at some point.
- Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. has a release date: The strategy game revealed during E3 2014 has been given a March release date. The 3DS title will contain both both local and online multiplayer modes. It looks bonkers.
And that's a wrap, I think. If news I missed comes out of last night sometime today, I will add it to this massive wall of text.