The Forgotten City, a game based on the award-winning Skyrim mod, will be released in July.
Coming July 28, The Forgotten City is a mature narrative-driven game and a re-imagining of the critically acclaimed mod that won a national Writers’ Guild award and had over 3 million downloads.
Developed by Modern Storyteller and published by Dear Villagers, in the game, you are trapped in a secret underground city set during the reign of the Roman Empire where "23 lost souls cling to life."
In it, you play as a time-traveler drawn two thousand years into the past, where you’ll relive these poor souls' final moments in an endless loop, exploring and interrogating, and changing the course of the day with each secret you uncover.
Only by exploiting the time loop and making moral choices will you solve the mystery.
Here's more on the game:
- Explore an authentic, open-world ancient Roman city brought to life with Unreal Engine
- Become entwined in the lives of richly detailed, deeply interactive characters
- Grapple with moral dilemmas which have life-and-death consequences
- Investigate a gripping, non-linear mystery with multiple endings
- Role-play as whoever you want, by choosing your own sex, race, and backstory
- Solve problems your own way, with reason, charm, bribery, stealth, intimidation, or by cleverly exploiting the time loop.
You can check out the latest trailer for it, courtesy of IGN, above.
The Forgotten City will be available on PC, PS4, PS5, Switch, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S.