Create a new level 30 character and progress through the new World Tiers.
The Division's Public Test Server goes live for everyone on PC today.
The PTS will give you access to all the changes being made to The Division in the October 1.4 update early.
Big changes are happening to Ubisoft's loot-shooter next month, including the addition of World Levels tuned for Gear Score and enemy difficulty. There are four of these allowing progression to be much smoother for the player.
The update also nerfs bullet sponge enemies, tweaks loot drops and brings back random patrolling boss encounters, amongst other things.
How to access The Division PTS on PC
- Find The Division PTS in "My Games" on Uplay or "Library" on Steam. It will be listed separately to The Division regular game.
- You'll need to download the entire client - all 45GB+
- This will not overwrite your regular The Division save as it will be saved in a new folder.
- Your character will not be transferred over to the PTS. Instead you will have the opportunity to create a new level 30 character with purple items.
- The first days of testing are focused on progression between World Tiers.
- You can now begin playing at Tier 1 and progress up to Tier 4, collecting High-End Gear and Gear Set items as you go.
Is this enough to get you to return to The Division?