Following the release of The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth, Edmund McMillen and co. have started looking into some ideas for an expansion and are soliciting fan feedback on some of them.
The developer wrote a new blog post saying that a design document has already been written, with the hope of adding a new gamemode, more enemies, bosses, new areas, endings and a new playable character.
The developer will be asking for feedback on a specific element each Monday. This week's theme is items. There are also a few guidelines.
Only suggest item effects, im not at all looking for item names/themes/visuals but only effects, for example
- A store item that rerolls the store and has a recharge of 3
- A tear effect that turns your tears into
- A trinket that makes a fart sound whenever you shoot
Do not suggest redundant items
- An item that rerolls all items in the room with a recharge of 1
- An item like X but better
Do not suggest overly complex items
- An item that teleports you to the boss room but gives you one heart double damage and shows the map, but gives you 2 min to beat the boss before you die