The Binding of Isaac fans on console can finally check out the myriad new features of the latest expansion.
The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth DLC gets PS4, Xbox One release date
The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth fans on PC have been noisily enjoying the Afterbirth DLC since October 2015, making console players wildly jealous.
The wait is nearly over for PS4 and Xbox One, at least; publisher Nicalis has announced a May 10 release date for Europe and North America. A Wii U version is due to follow "in the coming months".
The $11 DLC pack includes 100 hours of gameplay over 1,000 new rooms. Below you'll find the full list of additions, as supplied by Nicalis. It ended by saying the list should probably include "at least five other features we can’t remember due to all the crap that we threw into this little brown nugget".
- Key Features:
- Over 100 hours of more gameplay
- Greed Mode a whole new way to play, focused on risk/reward
- Expanded main game a new final area with a new final boss
- Daily Runs – play a new official run, everyday
- Online Leaderboards compete for highscore/best time
- Ten totally new and awesome challenges
- 1000+ new room designs
- MONSTROUSLY UPDATED WEAPON COMBO SYSTEM!
- 120 new items-not counting tons of new pickups, chests, pills, bombs and cards-taking the item count up beyond 500
- Alternate soundtrack
- New secret transformations!
- Uber secrets including:
- Lilith, mother of demons, a totally new playable character
- Four new alternate chapters with new enemy types and visual themes
- Revised seed code combo system and new special seeds
- 100+ enemies, with new designs
- Eight new bosses