A recent datamine has revealed all kinds of brand-new Super Mario Odyssey costumes, from a zombie outfit to Santa Claus.
Super Mario Odyssey is an exceedingly fun game, in no small part thanks to the great alternate costumes you can unlock. And those costumes will probably be a big part of Nintendo's post-launch DLC plans, if Balloon World was anything to go on.
So it should come as no surprise that dataminers have uncovered five brand-new outfits in Super Mario Odyssey's code that have yet to be released to the gaming public.
These leaks come from YouTubers GRAnimated and Mizumi, who went digging around to see what unreleased Odyssey content could be activated. Along with previously uncovered Broodal outfits, Mizumi found five brand-new hats and costumes.
The new costumes include an "8-bit" version of Mario, a charming Santa Claus, and even a zombie Mario with an axe wedged in his skull. Full descriptions, as summarized by IGN, are detailed below.
- Racing Helmet: A helmet that'll get you pumped up for drafting and hairpin turns.
- Racing Outfit: You will enjoy driving more if you're wearing this outfit, guaranteed.
- Conductor Wig: A wig that reminds one of the greatest (and baldest?) conductors.
- Conductor Outfit: An outfit designed for the tiny part of all of us that wants to wave a stick at musicians.
- Zombie Headwear: A masterwork of practical effects.
- Zombie Outfit: When an outfit crosses the line between "distressed" and "undead."
- Santa Hat: Another red hat beloved by children.
- Santa Outfit: The only thing this outfit is missing is a big bag of power-up items for the kids.
- 8-Bit Mario Cap: A hat that takes you back to where it all began.
Nintendo has yet to announce release dates for these costumes, assuming that they aren't just content removed from the game. But given the massive continued popularity of Super Mario Odyssey, you can expect more content details to follow soon either way.
Super Mario Odyssey is available now for the Nintendo Switch.