Splatoon 2 players have plenty to look forward to in the coming months.
During the Nintendo Direct presentation this evening, it was announced the first paid expansion would be released for Splatoon 2 this summer.
Before its arrival, a free major update would be released in April.
When version 3.0 of Splatoon 2 is released, players will find over 100 new pieces of gear and more stages will roll out through the spring season.
Stages include Piranha Pit, Camp Triggerfish and Wahoo World, and a new Rank X will be included.
Rank X is an extreme rank, even higher than S+, according to Nintendo.
This summer, a new single-player will release for Splatoon 2, and its thefirst paid DLC developed for the ink shooter.
Splatoon 2: Octo Expansion adds a new single-player mode that lets players play as new character Agent 8, who is an " Octoling with lost memories."
The new single-player campaign features 80 missions, as well as new stories which will shed new light on current characters.
Players that complete the Octo Expansion campaign will unlock the ability to play as Octolings in multiplayer battles.
Here's a list of features for Octo Expnasion:
- Play as an Octoling who's lost her memory in a new single-player adventure spanning 80 missions.
- Navigate an underground facility to reach the surface of Inkopolis.
- Take on a variety of mission types packed with new challenges you won't find in the main game.
- Complete the campaign to unlock Octolings (Girl or Boy) as playable characters in multiplayer* battles.
- Unravel mysteries hidden below Inkopolis with Pearl, Marina, & Cap'n Cuttlefish.
Splatoon 2: Octo Expansion launches this summer, and can be pre-purchased starting today through the Nintendo eShop to immediately receive Octo-themed in-game gear.
It will run you US $19.99 or the regional equivalent.