The enhanced version of Space Hulk: Deathwing will arrive on PC in May, and to console for the first time.
A FPS from Streum On Studio, Space Hulk: Deathwing is set in the Warhammer 40,000 universe, and the Enhanced Edition will be made available as a free upgrade to all who own it on PC.
Upon release it will finally be made available for the first time on console when it lands on PS4.
The console version of Deathwing was originally slated for release in 2017 before the studio took the extra time to develop the enhanced version.
Space Hulk: Deathwing - Enhanced Edition contains a host of new content and upgrades, expanding upon the base game.
This includes a new class, customization, enemy types and more. New features included in the Enhanced Edition are outlined below.
- Class Customization – deep progression system lets players unlock armor and weapon skins, attachments, perks and more for aesthetic and gameplay customization.
- Chaplain Class – the Chaplain brings a host of abilities to increase the squad’s survivability, and is more than capable of killing hordes of Xenos in melee combat.
- New Weapons – more melee and ranged weapons give players even more options to load out their squad in battle.
- New Enemy Types – new, unique Genestealer types offer greater challenge to those who dare enter the depths of the Space Hulk.
- Special Missions – randomized objectives and enemy spawns bring a new level of replayability.
All aspects of Class Customization are earned entirely in-game, with no microtransactions. Several of the above features have already been made freely available on PC, as part of the game’s ongoing support.
Space Hulk: Deathwing - Enhanced Edition arrives on PC and PlayStation 4 May 22. It appears the PS4 is a timed-exclusive, as the press release didn't mention a release date for Xbox One. Don't quote me on that, though, the Xbox One version could be delayed, or still in certification. It could be any number of things.
The game's page on the Microsoft Store has a place holder date of December 31, 2018, and the game's website still has Xbox One listed.
Hopefully, more information will be provided soon, so don't grab your pitchforks just yet.