Sony has updated an official Q&A regarding the PSN outage, along with information pertaining to the illegal, and unauthorized intrusion which occurred on the service between April 17 and April 19.
According to the Q&A, after Sony turned off service to both PSN and Qriocity it conducted an internal investigation into its network, as well as brought in an outside security firm to conduct a "full and complete investigation into what happened."
Sony said it then began to "enhance security and strengthen our network infrastructure by re-building our system," in order to provide consumers with "greater protection," of personal information.
The firm's investigation into the matter indicated that all PlayStation Network and Qriocity accounts "may have been affected," by the security breach and there is the "possibility," that all users' information could have been compromised. In order to inform customers of said breach, it is currently sending out emails to all registered PSN users.
So far, Sony has not received any reports of customers' personal information being used in a nefarious manner.
"We are taking the investigation seriously," said the firm. "We will keep the service down to allow us to conduct a thorough investigation and verify smooth operation of our network services but are working hard to resume the services as soon as we can be reasonably assured security concerns are addressed."
Sony also said it will assess the "correct course of action," pertaining to monetary value of services not rendered while the outage was current, and once full services are restored and "the length of the outage is known," it will have more information.
If you have any questions regarding the outage or any concerns regarding your personal information, Sony has encouraged PSN users to contact a customer service agent in their country of residency.