A new look at Shadow Warrior 3 was shown during Devolver Digital's showcase today.
This is the second gameplay video for Shadow Warrior 3, and it shows Lo Wang kicking, slashing, and shooting monsters in the face.
A prior look at weapons you can use in the game was provided earlier this year, and the video showed off the heavy ordnance, dynamic katana, and “gruesome Gore Weapons.”
In the game, fallen corporate shogun Wang and his former "employer turned nemesis turned sidekick" Orochi Zilla will go on an improbable mission to recapture an ancient dragon they unwillingly let out of its eternal prison.
In the Flying Wild Hog-developed game, Wang will go to uncharted parts of the world to track down the dragon while trying to stop the apocalypse. In order to do this though, he needs the mask of a dead god, a dragon’s egg, magic, and enough power to do it.
Here's more on the game:
- Bring a Katana to a Gunfight: Conduct a symphony of death with each encounter by mixing overwhelming firepower with devastatingly precise katana strikes as you dash in and around the demonic hordes.
- Fancy Footwork: Flow between nimble movement techniques including air dashes, wall running, double jumps, and the fancy new grappling hook busts your combat and movement options wide open in every battle.
- Execute Then Annihilate: Execute spectacular finishing moves to claim a piece of your conquered foe and unleash its powers back on the horde in a burst of unstoppable fury and powerful magic.
- Dynamic Combat Arenas: Each environment is lined with hazardous structures and devices that can be activated to add another layer of creative choice to the offensive strategy.
- Neo Feudal Japan: Trek across a mythic Asian land infused with the magic and technology of ancient samurai, now overrun by the demonic yokai from Japanese folklore.
- Funny Business: Brace for expertly delivered one-liners from Lo Wang, pointed banter with Zilla, and an intense thrill-ride of absurd predicaments on the way to turning doomsday into a new day.