Take this with a grain of salt, but an insider with a proven track record of correct leaks has shared some details online about the Nintendo NX.
Geno, who spoke to Dual Pixels about the NX, has leaked information about new Pokemon games, the PS4's specs and Microsoft's Hololens in the past that all turned out to be true. There's still reason to be suspicious (and indeed it's entirely possible that their previous leaks were educated guesses), but for what it's worth, these are the six bits of info they have provided:
- The NX will feature a HDMI dongle that can plug into any HDMI port. The NX will use a more advanced version of the streaming technology in the Wii U.
- The analogue sticks have full haptic feedback, so, for instance, if you hit a wall in a game you may feel some resistance from the stick back in the other direction.
- It can Bluetooth synch with any device, allowing you to answer phone calls or respond to texts through the console.
- It'll be comparable in power to the Xbox One, and has thus far proven extremely easy to develop for.
- It will have social features that expand beyond existing AR, multiplayer and StreetPass applications. Pokemon Go will serve as a good example of what the NX will do with social gaming.
- It's designed to be very easy to use, and looks like a cross between a Nintendo console and something Samsung would make.
Again, it's worth emphasizing that none of this should be taken as confirmation of what the NX would be like, it's all rumoured at this point. At the same time, none of it sounds particularly far-fetched.