A Forecasting and Analysing Digital Entertainment (FADE) report has claimed Xbox Live Arcade generated $103.4 million (£65.9m) during 2009, a 34 percent increase compared to the year previous.
The average price of a downloadable game on the service rose from $8.33 to $9.12.
Promotions such as the Summer of Arcade also helped figures.
Castle Crashers sold over 1 million copies during the entire year, and DICE's Battlefield 1943 is estimated to have sold over 800,000 units.
Estimated top titles by revenue (average price):
- Battlefield 1943 (EA Dice) - $12.5 million ($15.00)
- Castle Crashers (The Behemoth) - $7.3 million ($15.00)
- Trials HD (RedLynx, LTD) - $7.1 million ($15.00)
- Shadow Complex (Chair Entertainment / Epic Games) - $6.1 million ($14.38)
- Family Game Night (Hasbro) - $4.2 million ($9.53)
- Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (Capcom) - $4.2 million ($15.00)
- Magic: The Gathering (Stainless Games) - $2.8 million ($10.00)
- Worms 2 (Team 17) - $1.8 million ($10.00)
- Peggle (PopCap Games) - $1.8 million ($8.86)
- Turtles in Time: Reshelled (Ubisoft Singapore) - $1.7 million ($10.00)