Nintendo has confirmed 3D video capture, which is part of the November firmware update for 3DS, will let users record up to 10 minutes of 3D video, and enable the creation of 3D stop-motion animation videos. The firm also confirmed Hulu Plus will be hitting the system in the US along with Wii.
The update will also add new puzzles to Puzzle Swap in StreetPass Mii Plaza and a new dungeon to StreetPass Quest. Other features will be announced in the future.
With Hulu Plus, the service will be made available in the US on Wii and Nintendo 3DS through a separate subscription fee of $7.99 per month with limited advertising.
Laurent Fischer, managing director, marketing & PR at NOE, said:
“We are always striving to bring fun new experiences to our fans and these new features and functions for Nintendo 3DS do just that. We are also looking forward to the launch of some great titles over the next couple of months, such as Super Mario 3D Land on November 18 and Mario Kart7 and Super Pokémon Rumble both on December 2.”
NOA president Reggie Fils-Aime concurred with Fischer's comments in the US version of the press release.
Nintendo announced on Wednesday that next month's system update would bring 3D film capture with the next system firmware update on November 4, and Japanese newspaper Nikkei (via Kotaku) has reported users will be able to upload footage to YouTube as well.
Nintendo also released its schedule of games coming to eShop in November:
- Freakyforms: Your Creations, Alive!: Lets your imagination run wild. Create your own "formees" from the ground up and set out to explore a planet filled with wondrous discoveries. During your adventure you unlock dozens of new body parts for your creations and even gain the ability to redesign the world around you. Share your favourite formees with others through StreetPass and QR codes. Available from November 10 2011 for €6.
- 3D Classics Kirby's Adventure: One of the NES' greatest treasures returns as part of the 3D Classics series. Be there when Dream Land awakes for the first time in stunning 3D. Available November 17 2011 for €6.
- Pullblox: A unique blend of puzzle and platforming elements, where you pull and push blocks and climb up them to reach to the goal. This game challenges your wits and skill in more than 250 included levels. You can also design and share your own puzzles. Available December 2011 for €6.
- Nintendo Letter Box: Enables you to exchange messages with your friends via StreetPass and SpotPass. You can even add your own 3D Photos and voice recordings to the messages. Available December 2011 for free.
- Dillon's Rolling Western: Features a cowboy armadillo literally rolling over his enemies. Action and strategy come together in a wild west epos unlike any you have seen before. Available in Q1 2012.
During it's Nintendo Direct 3DS presentation this morning, company president Satoru Iwata, announced that the next 3D Classics title on slate for the handheld is the NES title Kid Icarus.
The game will be given a 3D upgrade and join the 3DS Classics line exclusive to the eShop, according to RipTen.
No word yet on a a western release for it, but it's expected.