Red Faction: Guerrilla Remastered is coming to PC and consoles.
THQ Nordic announced Red Faction: Guerrilla Remastered today for PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One - or re-Mars-tered if you will.
No, we didn't come up with that pun, Nordic did. The game will go by the name of Red Faction: Guerrilla Re-Mars-tered Edition, continuing the tradition of interesting subtitles from the firm: Darksiders 2: Deathinitive Edition, Darksiders: Warmastered Edition.
The remastered version of the classic title will also be available on Xbox One X.
Red Faction: Guerrilla Remastered features reworked textures, improved shadow rendering and lighting, shader and post-processing rework, and native 4K support.
For those who haven't played Red Faction: Guerrilla, it takes place 50 years after the events of the original Red Faction.
In the game, players take on the role of an insurgent fighter with the Red Faction as the group "battle for liberation from the oppressive Earth Defense Force."
Red Faction: Guerrilla features physics-based destruction with "fast-paced guerrilla-style combat in a huge open-world."
Here's a list of core features:
- Open World Guerrilla Warfare - You decide who, when, where and how to battle. Utilize guerrilla tactics, improvised weaponry, and modified vehicles to lead insurgent attacks on EDF targets. Launch attacks based on your own gameplay style, take on missions in any order you choose, or engage in destructive activities to weaken the EDF's grip on Mars.
- Strategic Destruction - Use destruction to your tactical advantage, setting ambushes or chain reaction explosions to attack enemy strongholds and permanently modify the game environment. Leverage fully-dynamic physics-based destruction to improvise on the fly: blow holes in a wall or floor to set an ambush or escape, take out a staircase to stop your pursuers, or drive vehicles through blown out walls.
- Evolving & Emergent Gameplay - Carve your path through an ever changing landscape as you improvise your combat tactics - mixing gameplay styles, vehicles, weapons and explosives to defeat the EDF.
- Epic Sci-Fi Setting - Explore the huge, unforgiving Martian landscape, from the desolate mining outpost of Parker to the gleaming EDF capital city of Eos; then tear through the fully destructible open-world environments swarming with EDF forces, Red Faction resistance fighters, and the downtrodden settlers caught in the cross-fire.
- Multiplayer Combat - There is no place to hide when you put your guerrilla warfare skills to the test in a variety of highly destructive multiplayer combat modes.
Red Faction Guerrilla: Remastered will be released in Q2 2018. More information on the release will be announced at a later date.