QuakeCon 2018 is going on this weekend, and you can watch all the announcements here and look over the full schedule.
QuakeCon 2018 officially kicked off yesterday, after the previous day's The Elder Scrolls: Legends Masters Series Tournament. The annual event continues through Sunday, August 12.
Highlights today include a Fallout 76 panel, esports tournaments and more. You can watch it all unfold below.
During today's Fallout 76 panel, Todd Howard and others from Bethesda Game Studios will go over the character system and Perks. It will be followed by a Q&A with the team to address fan questions.
Later this afternoon, a deeper look and discussion of Doom Eternal will be held, and this evening, a Rage 2 panel will go over the characters and factions featured in the shooter.
Other news out of the keynote included Doom Champions going free-to-play; Sheogorath starring in the next The Elder Scrolls: Legends update Isle of Madness; and the Murkmire expansion for The Elder Scrolls Online was teased.
QuakeCon 2018 Highlights
- Keynote: The QuakeCon Keynote is back and will feature the highly anticipated gameplay reveal of DOOM Eternal, an expanded look at RAGE 2 gameplay, and breaking news for Quake Champions and other titles. The Keynote will start at 11 am CT on Friday.
- Fallout 76 Panel and Fan Q&A: On Saturday at 11 am CT, Todd Howard and others from Bethesda Game Studios will take fans through a deeper dive into the character system and Perks coming in Fallout 76, followed by a Q&A with the team to address fans’ most pressing questions.
- Two Esports Tournaments: Both Quake Champions and The Elder Scrolls: Legends will be hosting major tournaments at QuakeCon. Tune into The Elder Scrolls: Legends Masters Series on Thursday and Friday, and catch the Quake Champions QuakeCon Open on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
- Exhibit Hall: Opens on Friday and Saturday, and attendees can be among first to get hands-on with several of Bethesda’s games, including RAGE 2 and The Elder Scrolls: Blades, as well as Quake Champions, The Elder Scrolls Online and Bethesda’s upcoming VR title Wolfenstein: Cyberpilot.
The full QuakeCon 2018 schedule is posted below. All times listed are in Central US, as the event takes place in Grapevine, Texas which isn't far from Dallas.
You can convert start times for your timezone using World Clock.
QuakeCon 2018 - Saturday, August 11
- All Day: Quake Champions QuakeCon Open 2v2 Matches
- All Day: The American Red Cross Blood Drive
- 10:00am - Community Managers and Coffee
- Meet Bethesda's community managers for coffee and chat about ideas, initiatives and more.
- 11:00am - Fallout 76 and Fan Q&A (start time in other regions)
- Todd Howard and others from Bethesda Game Studios will host a panel and Q&A revealing more information about Fallout 76.
- 12:00pm - Panel: Talk Saves Lives
- The American Foundation for Suicide Prevention teaches how to recognize risk factors and warning signs for suicide and how to have honest conversations to help someone who may be at risk or in crisis.
- 12:00pm - Panel: Quake Academy
- An introduction to Quake Champions for new players with the community team and veterans offering tips, tricks and strategies to get good fast.
- 1:00pm - DOOM Eternal and RAGE 2 Encore
- An encore presentation of DOOM Eternal and RAGE 2 content from the Keynote address; if you missed it on Friday, come see it live on Saturday.
- 2:00pm - Panel: 40 Years of Gaming
- An open discussion on the good, bad and amazing achievements in gaming in the last 40 years.
- 2:30pm - Panel: DOOM Eternal with id Software (start time in other regions)
- Join id Software for a deeper look and discussion of DOOM Eternal.
- 3:00pm - Panel: Defining Mooncrash – How Arkane Invented a New Genre
- Arkane Studios will discuss inventing a new genre with Prey: Mooncrash and provide insight into the upcoming Typhon Hunter DLC.
- 3:30pm - Panel: Cupcake Champions
- A delicious and nutritious twist on Quake Champions' Duel format. With CUPCAKES.
- 4:15pm - Quake Champions QuakeCon Collegiate 2v2 Finals
- 5:00pm - Panel: RAGE 2 – Doubling Down to Make a Kickass Sequel (start time in other regions)
- Join id Software and Avalanche Studios for a look at characters, factions and the world of RAGE 2.
- 5:30pm - Quake Champions QuakeCon Open 2v2 Finals
- 8:00pm - QuakeCon Community Block Party
Sunday, August 12
- All Day: Quake Champions QuakeCon Open 1v1 Duel Showdown
- 4:30pm - Quake Champions QuakeCon 1v1 Finals
QuakeCon 2018 - Previous Day
Friday, August 10
11:00 am QuakeCon 2018 Keynote
During the Keynote Address, Marty Stratton and Hugo Martin revealed Doom Eternal gameplay for the first time. Additional updates were provided for titles like Quake Champions, The Elder Scrolls Online, and others.
- All Day: The Elder Scrolls: Legends Masters Series Tournament
- All Day: The American Red Cross Blood Drive
- 1:00pm - Quake Champions - QuakeCon Open 2v2 Matches Begin
- 2:30pm - Panel: So, You Want to be a Bethesda Streamer
- Meet with Bethesda's Influencer Manager, Community Team, and streamers to learn how to get started streaming with Bethesda games.
- 3:30pm - Panel: The Who and How of QuakeCon
- Meet the QuakeCon team and learn how this amazing event comes together every year.
- 4:30pm - Panel: Keeping it Cool with Modders, Inc
- Learn how to make an amazing PC case while keeping it cool with a water cooling system.
- 4:30pm - Panel: Don't Mess With Tech-Xas (Everything is Bigger)
- Meet developers from Zenimax's Texas studios, learn how to get into the industry, and have some Texas fun.
- 5:45pm - The Elder Scrolls: Legends Masters Series Finals
- 6:30pm - Friday Night Magic Tournament
- 8:00pm - Master Pancake Theater
QuakeCon 2018 Exhibit Hall Activities
The Exhibit Hall will also feature a variety of vendors, sponsors and non-profits. A full list of events, activities and participants can be found below.
Exhibit Hall Hours
- Friday, August 10th: 10am – 6pm
- Saturday, August 11th: 10am – 6pm
- Sunday, August 12th: 10am – 5pm
For the second year, the Bethesda booth will feature a QuakeCon Passport Program where playing games, including RAGE 2, The Elder Scrolls: Blades, Quake Champions, The Elder Scrolls Online, The Elder Scrolls: Legends and more, can lead to fantastic prizes. To receive a daily entry ticket, visitors can either complete demos or simply stop by the Bethesda booth and show that you have The Elder Scrolls: Legends downloaded on your phone or tablet.
Events & Activities
- Hotseat - Attendees play games with randomly selected objectives for fun and prizes.
Best Sign in the BYOC - We know our attendees can get pretty creative with their clan signs, so we’ve set up a little contest to award them.
- Quake Blind - Watch attendees that can’t see what they’re doing stumble it out in a fierce battle of blind will. Partners go head to head in a free-for-all competition. One person is the eyes, the other controls the character blindfolded.
- Dirty Keyboard Contest - If you haven’t been to a QuakeCon Dirty Keyboard contest recently then this should be one of those bucket list style items. Don’t miss this amazing opportunity to laugh and as your favorite QuakeCon celebrities pore over the nastiest keyboards they’ve ever seen in their entire lives.
- Pick Your Pony - Like watching eSports? Meet us at the Pick Your Pony station near the eSports main stage to pick your “horse”. If your choice is right you’ll walk away with a cool prize.
- BAWLS Chugging - Work hard and train hard for this one. This year five-time BAWLS Chugging Champion KenCo12 looks to reclaim his belt from two-time and current reigning champion, Dirty Taco. Or will a new champion emerge and capture the crown?? All you gotta do is pop that cap, and chug that BAWLS.