With the recent release of the PUBG Xbox One test server, developer PUBG Corp. has had a chance to test out some performance optimisations which have now made their way into the live version.
Miramar, a big reason for the PUBG test servers' existence on Xbox One, has not yet rolled out on live servers. The map likely needs more testing, but live servers players still have a few things to look forward to.
In a patch released earlier today on Xbox One, PUBG Corp. has improved performance in one of the most notorious parts of the game: parachuting at the start of the match. This is part of bigger updates made to world loading which should hopefully get rid of the play doh 3D model effect.
The way in which the game communicates player information to the server has been made more efficient, resulting in better performance when players are around but you do not have a line of sight on them.
Finally, response time when interacting with the in-game inventory has been improved, reducing crashes. See all the patch notes below.
- The free-fall and parachuting process has been optimised, leading to performance improvements during the initial stages of each game.
- World loading has been optimized. “Play-doh” and interior prop pop-in effects have been improved.
- Movement data for nearby but out-of-sight players is now handled in a more efficient manner, resulting in general performance improvements.
- Similarly, when nearby but out-of-sight players equip or unequip items, this process is handled in a more efficient manner. This helps with performance and crashes throughout the game.
- The inventory has been optimized, improving response time when opening it and solving some crashing issues.
- Uninhabited boats and vehicles were causing some performance issues, and we’ve resolved this issue.
- After long play sessions (three or more hours) on the standard Xbox One and the Xbox One S, the game sometimes crashes. This has been a problem for some time, and we hope to solve it soon. In the meantime, there’s a simple workaround you can use. Simply restart the app every couple of hours if you plan on playing a longer play session.