PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds is getting a patch today on Xbox One that continues the developer's push for better performance.
Title update 12 for PUBG on Xbox One will hit live servers today. The patch's main focus is on optimising various parts of the game to prevent the performance drops associated with them.
This includes the particle effects generated by vehicles, such as the dust they kick up as a result of friction, as well as grass textures. More optimisations of this nature are in the works, the developer said.
The patch also fixes some crashes associated with voice chat, and finally brings a fix to a bug that caused vehicles to flip for no reason.
Vehicle damage to players has been changed once again, and the amount of damage taken from getting hit with a vehicle will vary depending on the size and speed of the vehicle. For passengers, the less armour the vehicle has the more damage they'll take when hitting obstacles.
Finally, the patch adds the Western Military cosmetics crate for all to buy using BP. Check out the patch notes, and drop rates for the crate below.
Optimisation and stabilisation
- Partially optimized the vehicle system. The dust effect caused by friction with the ground during driving has especially been optimized, and the vehicle system has been improved in part.
- Fixed a problem with voice chat that caused some crashes.
- Grass objects in Erangel have been optimized and will continue to be optimized going forward.
- Fixed a serious bug that caused vehicles to flip or get airtime for no reason. This includes the three-wheel bike.
- Fixed an issue where under certain circumstances the character would be upside down or seated in a strange position when moving seats while riding in vehicles.
- Player will receive more damage in a vehicle collision. The heavier the vehicle, the greater the damage inflicted upon the player. Also, players are now more likely to die or be knocked out when colliding with a vehicle running at high speed.
- The vehicle passenger will receive more damage when the vehicle crashes into an obstacle like a wall or tree. When crashing into something at high speed on a smaller vehicle, such as a motorcycle, the player will take much more damage.
- Fixed issue causing the 4x scope to be excessively reflective.
- Fixed issue causing certain UI layouts not being properly aligned.
- Fixed issue of buttons bound to the UI(map, inventory etc.) affecting vehicle operation.
- Fixed issue of equipment icons not shown properly on the HUD.
- Fixed issue of LT, RT scrolling not working in the inventory when using controller preset B.
- Fixed issue of excessive acceleration when the stick is tilted more than a certain angle depending on the R stick acceleration setting.
- Fixed issue of team member indicators incorrectly showing on the plane
Other bug fixes
- Removed collision of discarded magazine on the floor after reloading.
- Fixed a cosmetic bug that occurred when characters wore certain clothing or shoes.
- Fixed issue of fonts breaking up in case of certain languages.
Western Military Crate drop rates
- Tank Top (Gray) - 20%
- Raglan T-shirt (Red/White) - 20%
- Polo Shirt (Pink) - 20%
- Vintage Polo Shirt - 20%
- Military Shirt (Gray) - 6.5%
- Military Trousers (Black) - 6.5%
- Long Sleeved Turtleneck (Black) - 3%
- Utility Belt (Brown) - 1.4%
- Camo Tank Top (Red) - 1.4%
- Military Boots (Black) - 0.4%
- Battle Belt - 0.28%
- Vintage Gas Mask - 0.28%
- Leather Bootcut Pants - 0.08%
- Military Jacket (Black) - 0.05%
- Military Cap (Black) - 0.05%
- Cowboy Hat (Brown) - 0.028%
- Faux Leather Jacket - 0.0128%
- Cowboy Hat (White) - 0.0128%
- Military Skirt (Black) - 0.0064%