We're technically just hours away from the anticipated PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds 1.0 launch, which is enough time for one final patch for the test build.
The 9.5GB patch released earlier for everyone running PUBG's test server. The update includes a host of last-minute fixes to problems players reported this past week, as PUBG Corp gets ready for PUBG to leave Steam Early Access.
The biggest new addition comes in a form of a few added features to PUBG's 3D replay, which is already proving to be a competent tool in telling stories and creating machinimas.
Outside of some bug and crash fixes, the update also reverted the change to blood splatter effects seen at range the previous patch made. Now, they should be as visible from a distance as they used to be.
Find all patch notes below:
- Fixed a crash that occurred on player opening the inventory screen
- Fixed a crash that occurred on the observed player aiming (RMB)
- Fixed a crash that occurred on player swapping a throwable for another weapon type
- Added a character control function. Now you can allocate a number to a currently observed character with Ctrl+0~9, and move to the previously marked character by pressing 0~9 (this function is unavailable if the allocated character is over 1km away from own character)
- Added a position control function. Now you can allocate a number to an area of the map at current position with Ctrl+0~9 (Numpad), and move to the previously marked area by pressing 0~9 (Numpad)
- You won’t be able to watch the replays made in the previous client version.
-The camera will be moved to the locations below, if a number isn’t allocated:
- "0"Key : Novorepnoye / Prison
- "1"Key : Severny / La Cobreria
- "2"Key : Georgopol / Torre Ahumada
- "3"Key : Rozhok / Campo Militar
- "4"Key : Yasnaya Polyana / EL Pozo
- "5"Key : Pochinki / San Martin
- "6"Key : Lipovka / El Azahar
- "7"Key : Mylta / Valle del Mar
- "8"Key : Primorsk / Los Leones
- "9"Key : Military Base / Puerto Paraiso
- Added an option to remap the replay function keys (Timeline on/off, Play/Pause, Play Speed)
- Fixed the issue where there were stairs missing in some buildings
- Fixed the issue where some objects were floating in the air
- Fixed the issue where character would get stuck in certain terrain features
- Fixed the issue where the teammate’s character was invisible when invited to the team
- Fixed the issue where using bandages or boost item was canceled even when driving on flat surface
- Fixed the issue where reviving a teammate was canceled intermittently
- Fixed the issue where character model in the inventory didn’t rotate with RMB drag
- Fixed the issue where when shooting with Kar98k in prone stance, the position of fingers and hand was unnatural for a reloading animation
- Fixed the issue where the maximum falling speed in FPP was slower than TPP
- Improved Japanese font
Replay bug fixes
- Fixed the issue where when the timeline moved while the map was opened, map control was impossible
- Fixed the issue where character was underground, stuck in an object, or floating in the air
- Fixed the issue where when the world map was opened, the mouse cursor bounced intermittently
- Fixed the issue where players in a vehicle had their information displayed incorrectly
- Fixed the issue where when the timeline moved to the kill event, the vehicle passenger was invisible
- Reverted the changes made to the size and colour of blood particle effects over long range