The action-fighting game Pokken Tournament DX is coming to Nintendo Switch.
That was one of the big news stories from The Pokemon Company today. There will be Pokemon from Sun and Moon joining the fray too: Litten and Popplio along with Decidueye, the Grass/Ghost Pokemon which evolves from Dartrix and the final form of Rowlet.
All previous Pokemon from Pokken Tournament Wii U and the arcade versions will be available as well.
Pokken Tournament was released for Wii U in March 2017.
It will be called Pokken Tournament DX when it hits Switch on September 22.
Here's a list of features Nintendo sent over:
- Play Pokken anytime, anywhere on Nintendo Switch – Play Pokken Tournament DX in TV mode, handheld mode, or share a Joy-Con controller with another Trainer to battle one-on-one in tabletop mode anywhere.
- A brand-new fighter – Decidueye enters the battle, alongside all previous Pokemon from the Wii U and arcade versions.
- New Support Pokemon – Litten and Popplio make their debut to lend their support in battle.
- Team Battle mode – Pick three Pokemon and battle it out to be the first to defeat all your opponent’s Pokemon to win in the new Team Battle mode.
- Group Match mode – Find similar skilled players in battle rooms for intense and fun battles online.
- Daily Challenges – Complete a variety of different daily challenges.
- Watch battle replays – Hone your skills by watching other players’ replays and share your best matches online with the new replay feature.
- Jump straight into battle - All characters and Support Pokemon will be available right from the start of the game.
We expect to hear more about Pokken Tournament DX, Pokemon Gold and Silver, and Pokemon Ultra Sun and Moon next week during the Nintendo Spotlight stream at 9am PT, 12pm ET, 5pm BST, 6pm CEST on Tuesday, June 13.
To celebrate its impending release, Nintendo will host an invitational tournament at its E3 2017 booth alongside the Splatoon 2 World Inkling Invitational and the ARMS Open Invitational.