Trade Evolution and more Pokemon from the Unova region have been added to Pokemon Go.
Pokemon Go trainers can now trade an eligible Pokemon with no Candy cost to evolve.
Some of the Pokemon who can gain Evolution benefits from trading include Kadabra, Machoke, Graveler, and Haunter.
Should you have received one of these creatures in a past trade they will retroactively qualify for no Candy cost when evolving.
More Pokemon originally discovered in the Unova region are also coming. These Pokemon will also benefit from trade Evolution. The new Pokemon are Boldore, Gurdurr, Karrablast, and Shelmet.
Alongside the aforementioned Unova Pokemon, you can expect the following creatures to appear more in the wild, in raids, and in Eggs soon.
- Pokemon appearing in the wild: Roggenrola, Tympole, Dwebble, Trubbish, Karrablast, Joltik, Shelmet, and more.
- Pokemon hatching from Eggs:
- 2 km Eggs: Venipede and Dwebble
- 5 km Eggs: Roggenrola, Tympole, Trubbish, Karrablast, Joltik, and Shelmet
- 10 km Eggs: Timburr, Tirtouga, Archen, and Axew
- Pokemon appearing in raids: Timburr will also be available in one-star raids.
- Pokemon appearing in the wild in certain parts of the world:
- North America, South America, and Africa: Throh (also available in 10 km Eggs)
- Europe, Asia, and Australia: Sawk (also available in 10 km Eggs)
- Southern United States, Mexico, Central America, the Caribbean, and South America: Maractus
- Egypt and Greece: Sigilyph
- Eastern hemisphere: Red-Striped Form Basculin
- Western hemisphere: Blue-Striped Form Basculin
There's lots going on in the game at present. Currently, players can participate in the Adventure Sync Hatchathon until January 16. The January Research Breakthrough encounter featuring Lapras is live and running until February 1, and until February 4, Heatran will be in five-star raids. You may even encounter a Shiny Heatran.
You also have the next Community Day event to look forward to. It will be held on January 19 and featured Pokemon is Piplup.