The Lunar New Year event is returning to Pokemon Go, and players have another event to look forward to in tangent.
To celebrate the Lunar New Year, Pokemon Go is will host its annual event starting January 24. The spotlight will be on red Pokemon, and a Limited Research event featuring Minccino will also go live on February 2.
For the Lunar New Year Event, red Pokemon will appear more frequently and you can expect the appearance of the Pokemon Darumaka not previously found in the wild.
Gifts will have a chance of rewarding you with Rare Candies, and the more you trade with someone, the more likely you are of becoming a Lucky Friend. When you trade a Pokemon, there will also be an increased chance it will become a Lucky Pokemon.
Pokemon Go Lunar New Year event
Date and Time
- Friday, January 24, 2020, at 1pm to Monday, February 3, 2020, at 1pm PST (GMT −8)
- Certain red Pokemon will be featured: Charmeleon, Vulpix, Parasect, Voltorb, Jynx, Magmar, Magikarp, Flareon, Slugma, Wurmple, Corphish, Kricketot, and Foongus will appear more frequently in the wild.
- Gyashaa: If you’re lucky, you might spot a Gyarados in the wild. You might even encounter the red Shiny Gyarados.
- Darumaka will hatch from 7 km Eggs: Some red Pokemon will be hatching from 7 km Eggs, such as Shuckle and Foongus. Making its Pokemon Go debut will be Darumaka, the Zen Charm Pokemon.
A special Limited Research event will run on February 2 and it features Miniccino. The Pokemon, according to Professor Willow, can evolve into Cinccino through the use of an Unova Stone.
Minccino will be hatching more frequently from 5 km Eggs and will continue to be available in 5 km Eggs after the research event ends.
Since it's the Year of the Rat while researching you will find Pokemon such as Rattata, Sandshrew, Pikachu and more respective Pokemon appearing more frequently in the wild.
Minccino Limited Research event
Date and Time
- Sunday, February 2, 2020, from 2pm - 5pm local time
- Field Research: Minccino Limited Research tasks will allow you to encounter Minccino.
- Pokemon that fit the theme of the Year of the Rat will be appearing more frequently in the wild: Look out for Rattata, Raticate, Pikachu, Sandshrew, Nidoran (female), Nidoran (male), Sentret, Marill, Zigzagoon, Plusle, Minun, Bidoof, and Patrat.
- Minccino in 5 km Eggs: Minccino will be hatching more frequently from 5 km Eggs. After the event ends, Minccino will continue to be available in 5 km Eggs.
- Shiny Minccino will be available: If you’re lucky, you might encounter one.