Niantic is rolling back some changes made to Pokemon Go during the COVID-19 lockdown and keeping other features.
According to the company, some of the temporary changes to Pokemon GO to adapt to the global environment will remain in place while others will be rolled back.
Some of the changes, such as the ability to raid remotely, changes to the Go Battle League, and the increased distance at which you can spin Photo Discs at Gyms and PokeStops, will remain.
Things such as Hatch Distance for Eggs will return to normal.
Niantic outlined the temporary bonuses which will remain:
- The maximum number of Gifts you can carry in your Item Bag at a time will remain at 20.
- You will continue to receive three times the Stardust and XP for your first Pokémon catch of the day.
- The incense duration will remain at 60 minutes.
Starting tomorrow, October 1 at 1pm PDT (GMT −7), the following temporary bonuses will be modified:
- Hatch Distance will return to normal for Eggs.
- The increased effectiveness of Incense will now apply only while walking.
- Your Buddy Pokemon will now bring you Gifts only when you have nearly run out. This will happen only once per day.
- You will still have a higher chance of getting a Gift when you spin a PokeStop. However, you won’t be guaranteed to get a Gift.
- Incubators will be included in more boxes in the in-game shop.
For active bonuses, the company said to keep an eye on the Special bonuses section of the Today View.
Additionally, Niantic is monitoring the global situation and is "working hard" to reschedule previously planned live events to 2021.