Vivendi just announced that the next Blizzard Entertainment Worldwide Invitational will take place at the Porte de Versailles Exposition Centre in Paris on June 28-29, the first event of its kind to be held in Europe, and will include access to a playable version of StarCraft II.
Tickets are limited and will cost £55 when they go on sale in the next "few weeks". You can get more sales info at the event's official site.
“We look forward to bringing the Blizzard Worldwide Invitational to Europe for the first time and sharing our latest news with players there,” said Blizzard chief Mike Morhaime. “In addition to the great tournament gaming that will be taking place at the event, we’re planning an entertaining show for all attendees.”
Attendees can expect the following:
- Discussion panels with Blizzard Entertainment developers
- Artist and developer signings
- Hands-on play with World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King and StarCraft II
- Merchandise and other products based on the Blizzard Entertainment game universes
- A silent auction
- Musical performances
- And more exciting activities to be announced
We don't know what a "silent auction" is, but it sounds awesome. More on this soon.