The new Overwatch hero has been announced, after a week or so of teasing, and yes it's one of Torbjörn’s daughters.
Overwatch's newest hero is Brigitte, and the new support character is available to try on PC via the Public Test Region.
Brigitte Lindholm, according to her biography, is an engineer-adventurer previously based out of Gothenburg, Sweden. She is the youngest daughter of Torbjörn Lindholm, who spent most of her "spare time in her father’s workshop." Unlike her father, she is more interested in armor creation instead of weapons.
Instead of following in her father's footsteps, Brigitte was inspired by Torbjörn's fellow Overwatch comrade Reinhardt's tales of adventure and decided to become his squire.
After years of polishing Reinhardt's armor and taking care of the battered, aging warrior, Brigitte now fights alongside him and the rest of Overwatch.
In case you were wondering, Brigitte is played by Matilda Smedius.
Here's more on Brigitte and her abilities:
Brigitte can throw Repair Packs to heal teammates, or automatically heal nearby allies when she damages foes with her Flail. Her Flail is capable of a wide swing to strike multiple targets, or a Whip Shot that stuns an enemy at range.
Her Barrier Shield provides personal defense while she attacks enemies with Shield Bash. Brigitte’s ultimate ability, Rally, gives her a substantial short-term boost of speed and provides long-lasting armor to all her nearby allies.
- Rocket Flail: Brigitte's melee weapon has an extended range, enabling her to strike multiple enemies with a single swing.
- Repair Pack: Brigitte throws a Repair Pack that can heal an ally. Any healing over that ally’s maximum health provides them with armor instead.
- Whip Shot: Brigitte throws her flail a long distance, dealing damage and knocking an enemy away from her.
- Barrier Shield: Brigitte deploys a frontal energy barrier to absorb a limited amount of damage.
- Shield Bash: Once her Barrier Shield is deployed, Brigitte can dash forward to stun an enemy.
- Rally: Brigitte moves faster and provides all nearby allies with armor that lasts until it’s removed by damage.
The developer diary featuring Jeff Kaplan discussing Brigitte is below.