Valve has announced that over half a million Steam Controllers have been sold since release. To celebrate, the company has also put the peripheral on sale.
Over 500,000 Steam Controllers have been sold since launch
Along with the sales figures, the company noted the various improvements made to the controller since its initial release.
- The ability to "play more new games out of the box: such as DOOM, XCOM 2, Dark Souls 3, and more coming soon.
- Users can now configure and use the controller from their desktop, and this includes the pop-up keyboard to communicate with non-Steam programs.
- The controller can now use Force Reactors to capture and reproduce the rumble effects.
- Templates can be created from favorite settings and applied across all games.
- The Steam Controller also supports VR Game Theater mode, including the ability to use the motion controls as a virtual steering wheel.
Plans in the works include the ability to use Activators to assign actions to "press-and-hold, double click, toggle and more."
This is just a rundown of all the information posted on the Steam community page. You should head through the link where more improvements and future plans are posted.