Jason Holtman, who worked at Valve as its business director until February 2013, has been hired by Oculus VR.
Holtman, who after leaving Valve went to work at Microsoft before leaving less than six months later, will be heading up "business development and partnership side with a focus on building the world’s best developer and player VR ecosystem," at Oculus VR.
Oculus has posted a list of its hires dubbed the "Dream Team", which will likely continue to grow thanks to the Facebook deal "supercharging its recruiting efforts."
- Neil Konzen, former engineer at Valve and one of the original Microsoft employees
- Brian Hook, former engineer at RAD (Telemetry) and the original author of 3Dfx Glide
- Adrian Wong, former lead systems engineer at Google[x] (Glass)
- Ian Field, former engineer at ARM and co-inventor of Cortex-M
- Raul Corella, former head of supply chain at JawBone, Monster, and Leap Motion
- Laura Fryer, former GM of Epic Seattle and WB Seattle
- Paul Pedriana, former lead engineer at EA
- David Moore, former engineer at RAD (Granny)
- Kenneth Scott, former art director at 343 Studios (Halo 4)
- Seneca Menard, former technical artist at id Software
- Paul Pepera, former environment artist at Valve and 343 Studios
- Brian Sharp, former engineer at Bungie
- Aaron Nicholls, former engineer at Valve, 343 Studios, and Microsoft
- Matt Alderman, former engineer at Valve and ArenaNet
- Cass Everitt, former GPU architect and engineer at Nvidia
- Ross O’Dwyer, former at head of development support at Havok
- Douglas Lanman, former research scientist at Nvidia Research and MIT Media Lab
- …and many, many more: Scott Boyce, Gayan Ediriweera, Michael Berger, Khoi Nguyen, Aaron Toney, Bruce Cleary, Anusha Balan, Sagy Wiessbrod, Christopher Taylor, Soh Tanaka, Matt Mojica, Hyo Jin Kim, Steve Arnold, Dan Moskowitz
Next week, Oculus is heading to E3 where it will be showing off the second development kit (DK2) running some of the team's favorite "games and experiences."