Nintendo has said Nikkei's report that it is prepping to bring mini-games to mobile devices is inaccurate.
In a statement provided to Engadget, a Nintendo representative stated that the Nikkei report cited comments make by president Satoru Iwata in previous investor meetings and press conferences.
"Nikkei's article contains information previously stated by Mr Iwata during past press conferences, including statements which relate to Nintendo's willingness to make use of smart devices to promote our products," said the representative.
"However, during such past announcements Mr Iwata has also stated that Nintendo's intention is not to make Nintendo software available on smart devices and as such, we can confirm that there are no plans to offer minigames on smartphone devices."
Back on January 17, during an investor's meeting, Iwata said going third party was not something Nintendo was planning to do, but instead the firm was looking at how smart devices could be used to grow the game-player business.
Iwata further iterated it that expanding its business model was not as "simple as enabling Mario to move on a smartphone."
Nintendo will post its financial results for the third quarter tomorrow.