Nintendo 3DS owners in the US will be getting sequels to fan-favorite Pushmo, classics like Ninja Gaiden and Castlevania: The Adventure, plus a series of three original games developed by Level-5 and several well-known Japanese collaborators such as Suda 51 from today through the end of the year.
The following content is scheduled to launch in the Nintendo eShop in 2012, and we'll start off with the original games line-up:
- NightSky launches Oct. 25. NightSky is an action-puzzle game that offers an ambient game-play experience with cerebral challenges that fill uniquely designed, picturesque worlds. Each of these worlds is broken into different areas in which the player must maneuver a sphere by using realistic physics to advance.
- Crashmo launches Nov. 22. Players can embrace the laws of gravity and challenge themselves with a whole new kind of action-puzzle play in this exciting sequel to the critically acclaimed Pushmo. New gravity mechanics and gadgets like floating blocks, doors and move switches await, testing players’ skills as they push, pull and slide each puzzle’s colorful blocks in order to climb to the top. Just be careful where those blocks are moved—unsupported blocks will come crashing down. Crashmo contains lots of puzzles to test your brains, and enhanced puzzle-creation and -sharing features mean that even when all the puzzles are cleared, the fun never has to stop.
- Fluidity: Spin Cycle arrives on Dec. 27, letting players tilt, turn and even rotate their Nintendo 3DS system 360 degrees to maneuver a puddle of water named Eddy through a maze-like, magical world. Change from liquid to a block of ice or a steam cloud to solve fun, gravity-defying puzzles and defeat Goop monsters. Fluidity: Spin Cycle features a new storybook setting to explore that spans the ages, from a lost world full of dinosaurs to the modern world and beyond.
- Three original games from LEVEL-5 and several well-known Japanese collaborators will launch in the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo 3DS before this holiday season. The first of these games, SUDA 51’s LIBERATION MAIDEN, is set 100 years in the future, when the president of Japan boards her Liberator, Kamui, and fights to free her country one region at a time. AERO PORTER by Yoot Saito and Yasumi Matsuno’s CRIMSON SHROUD are also slated for release by the end of the year.
- Get ready to unleash pedestrian-tossing pandemonium with Grace and Savannah in Tokyo Crash Mobs, a fast-paced action-puzzle game coming to the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo 3DS in early 2013. Players will need lightning-fast reflexes and an eye for strategy to survive the three chaotic weeks that lie ahead for our heroines, as they take on anyone and anything that gets in their way.
Super Mario 3D Land, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, Star Fox 64 3D and Mario Kart 7 will become available for purchase from the Nintendo eShop on October 18 for $39.99 each.
Additional Nintendo 3DS software currently only available at retail stores will become available in the Nintendo eShop in the future.
- Mario Golf (launches Oct. 11)
- Castlevania: The Adventure (launches Oct. 25)
- Ninja Gaiden (launches Nov. 8)
- Zelda II – The Adventure of Link (launches Nov. 22)
- Wario Land II (launches Dec. 20)
- Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels (launches Dec. 27)
Two demo versions of Style Savvy: Trendsetters will be available for download from the Nintendo eShop. The first demo is available today and the second demo will be available on November 1. Style Savvy: Trendsetters will launch in stores and in the Nintendo eShop on October 22.
Additional game demos coming soon include:
- Adventure Time: Hey Ice King! Why’d you steal our garbage?!! from D3Publisher
- Disney Epic Mickey: Power of Illusion from Disney Interactive
- LEGO The Lord of the Rings from Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment
- Moshi Monsters: Moshlings Theme Park from Activision
- Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed from SEGA
For a list of everything announced during Nintendo Direct Europe today, check out our post here.