Everyone loves a great side quest. Thankfully, Ni no Kuni 2 is chock-full of more than 150 side-quests for boy-king Evan and his trusted band of friends and advisors to complete. One quest that’s useful to complete early on unlocks Pi Chi the Skillful Seamstress, however, it requires an item that’s quite plentiful in the later game, but tough to find near the beginning. Here’s where and how to find Spools of Grass Green Thread in Ni no Kuni 2: Revenant Kingdom.
Where to find Spools of Grass Green Thread in Ni no Kuni 2:
- Advance the main story to at least chapter 4-3, deliver the first two items and talk to Gao Jia
- Find Min Ti by turning right with your back to the Dreaming Chamomile Inn, cross the bridge and go up the stairs, then take the first left into an alleyway
- Buy one sleep-be-gone from the Lucky Lotus Item Emporium
- Take it back to Min Ti, who will reward you with five spools of Grass Green Thread
- Advance the main story to at least chapter 4-4, where Swift Solutions will appear in Goldpaw
- Complete Swift Solutions errands to earn Tokens of Gratitude
- Buy spools of Grass Green Thread from Swift Solutions
- Travel to an area in the Rolling Hills section of the map, it’s in the northwest, near Ding Dong Dell and Auntie Martha’s Cottage
- Search the ground of the area, Grass Green Thread can sometimes been found on the floor
- It can also be obtained as an infrequent drop from enemies around here
Full written instructions:
How to get Grass Green thread from Min Ti, the Sharpshooter:
On your way through the main story, you’ll eventually get to the third quest in chapter four - The Trials of Boddly. For this quest, Evan and company have to deliver items to characters around Goldpaw. The first is a rose, the second an Incineraptor horn.
In the process of delivering the horn, Evan will meet Gao Jia, who - after he’s been fed - will send Evan after two Unit Commanders. The second of these is Min Ti.
You can find Min Ti by fast travelling to the Dreaming Chamomile Inn. Then with your back to the Inn, turn right, go across the bridge and up the two sets of stairs. At the top, go a little forward and take the first left into the alleyway. At the end is Min Ti.
Accept his quest, then go back down the stairs and into the built-up town area. Sleep-be-gone is available to purchase at item shops like the Lucky Lotus Item Emporium for 100G. Take it back to Min Ti and you’ll get 5 spools of Grass Green Thread to complete the Pi Chi quest.
How to get spools of Grass Green Thread from Swift Solutions in Goldpaw:
If you’d prefer to keep those spools, you can get more Swift Solutions after the travelling salesperson has appeared in chapter four mission four.
Once you’ve completed errands for the salesperson you will earn Tokens of Gratitude which you can spend at the shop.
Spools of Grass Green Thread are available for purchase from Swift Solutions.