Valve boss Gabe Newell has said that a decision on whether or not an Australia-specific cut of Left 4 Dead 2 has passed OFLC regulations as a 15+ rated game is expected any day now.
The company has submitted a new build of the shooter, Newell said, in an effort to ensure the game gets released on time.
"We may actually here about that version today," he said in a Gamespot-published presentation dated October 6.
"The goal is to guarantee that something's available on November 17 in Australia, while at the same time pushing to get approval for that to be the full version of the game."
Left 4 Dead 2 was refused classification in Australia last month.
Newell said that it was Valve's "very strong preference" to see the full game released in Australia without alterations, but that a now-engaged appeal process is "slow" and may mean the title misses its November 17 ship date if fully pursued.
Newell was speaking at a presentation in Australia. Watch it after the break.