The latest issue of Game Informer has dropped a ton of new Resistance 3 details.
The most notable among them is the return of the Weapon Wheel, as per this NeoGAF post.
As recently leaked screenshots suggested, Capelli has started a family with Hale’s stepsister Susan, and plays the game's lead role.
A co-op campaign is included, but it won’t feature alternate story sections as it did in Resistance 2.
We've collected everything for you below.
- Weapon Wheel returns.
- Capelli has started a family with Susan.
- Co-op confirmed, but there'll be no alternate story co-op as in Resistance 2.
- African Prison is one of the included maps.
- The world is changing in R3; Chimeran plant life explodes when shot.
- AI will be smarter.
- Capelli can climb over walls and through windows.
- Longs Legs will be jumping from roof to roof trying to shoot you down.
- A new weapon called the Mutator shoots biological mists, causing boils and other injuries to enemies, which makes them explode causing splash damage.
- Bullseye, Magnum, Shotgun, Auger and Carbine are all coming back.
- Weapons can be upgraded, and will become better the more you use them.
- Grenades are shaped like food cans and are full of nails.
- Vaccine might be able to cure the Chimeran virus.
- Humans have turned to cannibalism due to lack of food.
- Capelli is trying to save his son and has some "other" unknown mission.
- He is joined by Malikov and they go to New York, St Louis and other locales.
- The team wants to make online play more organized and less clustered than the 60-player matches in R2.
- Ted Price handed the reigns to Marcus Smith for a lot of the game's work
Resistance 3 will be out sometime in 2011.