Moro Racer 4 is still happening, and now we know when.
Moto Racer 4: release date, screens and new modes
Moto Racer 4 publisher Microids has broken a six month silence on the Artefacts Studio-developed project to provide a glut of new information.
First up: release date. Moto Racer 4 is coming to Mac, PC, PS4 and Xbox One on October 13.
Built on Unreal Engine 4 under the steely gaze of the original series designer, Delphine Software veteran Paul Cuisset, Moto Racer 4, boasts a whopping 15 game modes. Here are a few newly-detailed examples, which come in addition to expected favourites like Time Trial, Single Race and Championship, here are a few examples of what to expect:
- King of the Hill: Each rider starts with the same time on the clock. While time runs down for the leader, the other racers get extra turbo. The first player to get their counter down to zero wins the race.
- Last Man Standing: The last player to pass each checkpoint is eliminated.
- Survival: The race starts with very little time on the clock. Players gain time by passing the checkpoints. In single-player mode, the aim is to survive for a specific length of time. In multi-player mode, the winner is the last player with time left on their clock.
- Catch-up: The player's opponents begin the race with a headstart and the player must be in first place at a specific time.
- Wolf Pack: The player begins the race with a headstart and must maintain it for a certain length of time without being overtaken.
- Ghost Bike: The player starts the race in last place and is not allowed to deviate from the road or collide with others. They must finish in a specified minimum place.
- Golden Helmet: Competitors must earn the one golden helmet up for grabs during the race. To do this, they must be first past the initial checkpoint. If the player wearing the golden helmet is knocked by another player, they surrender it to that player. If a player falls off their bike, they lose the helmet and it is automatically sent to the next checkpoint.
Microids also wishes to remind potential fans of Moto Racer 4's many sterling qualities, such as a blend of high speed and motocross races, road traffic, split-screen multiplayer, online multiplayer for two to ten players, 60 FPS, vehicle and rider customization, collisions and unique AI for each competitor.
Also: behold the new screens above and below.