Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate has been announced alongside three new characters.
On November 17, Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate will be released alongside a new character pack featuring Mileena, Rain, and Rambo.
Rain now uses a katar, and can use magic to open a rift to a previously unknown watery realm. All of his classic moves are reimagined.
A change to Mileena is the addition of "razor-sharp claws," which are attached to gloves.
Playing as Rambo, you will find Sylvester Stallone's voice providing the lines to make Rambo feel more authentic.
The characters make up Kombat Pack 2.
Ultimate comes will all previously released content so you can expect every mode, every character, and every feature from the main game, Kombat Pack 1, and the Aftermath Expansion.
There will also be an Ultimate PlayStation 5 and Xbox series S/X upgrade available, delivering 4K dynamic resolution, enhanced visuals, improved loading times, and cross-generation console compatibility for select modes.
Mortal Kombat 11 and Ultimate owners will get a free upgrade to the PS5 and Xbox Series X/S version of their game at no extra cost, available in conjunction with the Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate launch. There is also cross-play support allowing players on each generational platform to play in select modes.
Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate releases November 17, and pre-orders will be available beginning October 15. It provides immediate access to Kombat Pack 1 and the Aftermath Expansion upon purchase.
If you already own the base game you can upgrade by pre-ordering Kombat Pack 2 beginning October 15, or by purchasing Kombat Pack 1 or the Aftermath Expansion.
Ultimate will also be released on Nintendo Switch, PC, and Stadia.
Here's the breakdown:
- Definitive Mortal Kombat 11 Experience – Two critically acclaimed story campaigns taking players on a time-bending adventure that continues the epic Mortal Kombat saga, along with the full roster of 37 playable characters.
- Kombat Pack 2 – Newly added fighters Mileena, the hybrid Edenian and Tarkatan clone of Kitana; Rain, the royal Edenian demigod; and Rambo, the iconic Special Forces soldier featuring the voice and likeness of actor Sylvester Stallone.
- Mortal Kombat 11: Aftermath Expansion – Franchise-first story expansion, three playable characters (Fujin, Sheeva, RoboCop), and 10 additional character skins.
- Kombat Pack 1 – Six playable characters (Shang Tsung, Nightwolf, Sindel, The Joker, Terminator T-800, Spawn) and 25 additional character skins.
- Mortal Kombat 11 – Packed to the brim with multiple features and modes for all players including Story, Custom Character Variation System, Stage Fatalities, Friendships, Online, Towers of Time, Tutorial, Krypt, Kombat League, and the signature roster of returning and franchise-first fighters, all equipped with unique Fatalities that display devastatingly brutal cinematic visuals.
- PS5 Upgrade Available – Delivering 4K dynamic resolution, enhanced visuals, improved loading times, and cross-generation console compatibility for select modes. Owners and new buyers on PS4 and PS4 Pro can also access a free upgrade to the PS5 version of their game, available in conjunction with the launch.
- Xbox Series X/S Smart Delivery Enabled – Providing 4K dynamic resolution, enhanced visuals, improved loading times and cross-generation console compatibility for select modes. Additionally, Mortal Kombat 11 owners and new buyers on Xbox One consoles will have access to free updates on Xbox Series X/S, available in conjunction with Ultimate's launch.
- Krossplay Support – Allowing PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X/S, and Xbox One players to fight against other players on opposite platforms in select modes.