Lockdown in the UK boosted the sales of the country's favourite video games.
The Entertainment Retailers Association has revealed (via Eurogamer) the top 40 best-selling titles in the UK during lockdown. The period covers March 23 to June 13, with 40 titles across various categories.
Video games, unsurprisingly, had the most entries on the list, with 21 titles in total. Its closes competitor was video (films and TV) with 16 titles. The list doesn't look all that different from the weekly UK charts, though the figures are certainly interesting.
At the top was FIFA 20, with 506,572 copies sold. EA's ever-popular sports game was followed up by Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, which sold 474,902 units. GTA 5, which somehow continues to rank very highly in these charts, came in at number three with 438,902 copies.
The numbers usually include physical and digital, but some publishers, such as Nintendo, don't provide digital sales figures. This is why Animal Crossing: New Horizons, for instance, which has sold an obscene 22.4 million units in just a couple of months, only ranks at number 11.
Read on below for the full video game ranking.
- FIFA 20 - 506,572.
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare - 474,902.
- GTA 5 - 438,902.
- NBA 2K20 - 400,879.
- Monopoly Plus - 253,045.
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons - 206,069.
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Campaign Remastered - 203,749.
- Final Fantasy 7 Remake - 185,260.
- The Sims 4 - 146,006.
- Resident Evil 3 - 143,042.
- Assassin's Creed Odyssey - 132,395.
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order - 116,669.
- Uno - 112,800.
- Red Dead Redemption 2 - 108,784.
- Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege - 104,935.
- Just Dance 2020 - 95,656.
- Forza Horizon 4 - 95,139.
- Crash Bandicoot N Sane Trilogy - 93,713.
- EA Sports UFC 3 - 91,706.
- Football Manager 2020 - 84,104.
- Spider-Man - 78,247.