Minecraft's beta has just hit V1.2, and it's chock a block with new things to play with - including a water mob, the ability to bake cake, and a pair of mysterious secret blocks.
In a neat bit of retconning, the game's reeds have been quietly turned into sugar canes, allowing for delicious treats - while still remarkably producing papyrus.
Notch's blog contains the full patch notes, which you can peruse at your leisure below.
* Note blocks (right click to tune, trigger to play)
* 15 wool dyes
* A new water dwelling mob
* New tree types
* Reeds magically turned into sugar canes. They still make paper.
* A bunch of new crafting recipes
* One secret useful block
* One secret pretty block
* Paintings work in multiplayer
* Disconnecting while riding no longer keeps the player in the world
* A bunch more state is properly synched in multiplayer
* Fixed colors going weird on PowerPC
* Fixed a horrible chunk reload loop in singleplayer
* Fixed most lighting bugs in newly generated SMP maps
* Falling sand behaves better in SMP
* Fixed a few crash on load level bugs