Check out what's new in the freshly-released Director's Cut of indie horror Lone Survivor.
In a lengthy blog post, creator Jasper Byrne detailed the process of porting the game to PlayStation platforms alongside Curve Studios, broke down new content and features, and said non-console users won't have long to wait.
"The PC amd Mac release, on Steam and the game’s website, won’t be far behind. in other words, it will be out as soon as i can physically do it. It will take time as it’s not a simple port, but it is my next priority and I will have more news about this soon," he promised.
Lone Survivor hits PS3 and Vita this week; North American users should already find it on the PlayStation Store.
Check out the launch trailer, then scroll down for a list of new features in the re-release.
- General Features:
- whole new lighting engine, also supports one extra hardware light
- many locations have additional lights and / or tweaked lighting
- anamorphic lens flare for the flashlight
- new sleeping and game over music
- new title screen and game over screen
- two additional locations
- hundreds of small bug fixes, balance tweaks and improvements
- automatic monster-facing on gun-draw
- a few small easter eggs
- new short sidequest
- ending ‘collection’
- ‘The Ritual’
- Specific to New Game+:
- around six new locations
- two completely new endings
- three new songs
- over 20 new items
- two new sidequests
- new enemy
- new dialogue for all characters in the game
- many other easter eggs that are better left unspoilt
- Specific to PlayStation:
- trophies (including a platinum)
- cloud-save (cross-play)
- French & German languages (EU)
- Cross Buy (buy on one format, get both PS Vita and PS3 versions)
- controller support
- Specific to PS Vita:
- touchscreen controls for inventory, option screen and textboxes
- Specific to PS3: