SOE has announced the second downloadable pack for DC Universe Online, Lightning Strikes, will be released later this year, adding electricity powers and a new adventure starring the The Flash.
In addition to the game’s eighth power set, a new map is also being added along with other nifty items detailed below.
- Central City – An all-new map that offers solo and group missions.
- The Flash Museum Duo – Players can travel back in time to the very moment when Barry Allen became The Flash and battle foes inside the Central City Police Station.
- Electricity Powers – The new Electricity Power set allows players to leverage the lightning power of electricity and use new types of attacks in combat. Powers include the Tesla Ball, the Shockwave, and Ionic Drain.
- New Gear – Players can earn all-new gear sets including the new Zoom-inspired gear set for villains, and the new Black Lightning-inspired gear set for heroes.
- New Characters – Livewire, The Top, The Trickster, Static and more. The characters will be featured as new “Inspired By” options for players who choose to create a new character inspired by some of DC's legendary characters.
- Additional new characters – such as Black Lighting – serve as a bounty mission that players can fight if they choose to be a villain.
The Lightning Strikes DLC pack will be accessible for free for all of the game’s Legendary players and available for purchase for $9.99 through PC and PS3.
A release date is to be announced.