It's unfinished but you can play it right now.
Turtle Rock has released the final campaign for Left 4 Dead. Initiate rejoicing.
Dam It is the "last Left4Dead campaign that was never finished, along with a couple survival maps that never shipped. Dam It stitches Dead Air and Blood Harvest together."
Turtle Rock's Chris Ashton posted the news on the studio's forum last week saying, "Just finished putting the Dam campaign that we streamed a while back into a L4D addon. It's gray box, and some code features are missing but it's playable from beginning to end. It also includes two standalone survival maps that never shipped."
So if you're on PC, have at it, you lucky ducks.
Bear in mind that the missing code means that some of the features won't be working. Here's a list of the known issues:
- Fire, smoke and explosions do not trigger panic events in the hangars.
- Zombies do not crawl all the time in the orchard.
- Farm house mob does not spawn in the far side of the woods.
- Covered bridge does not collapse with explosions.
- Burned forest area is missing wandering fires.
All you need is a copy of Left 4 Dead and you can download it now. Have fun!