Tripwire Interactive has announced the return of the Killing Floor Summer Sideshow, which means some of your favorite freaks are back, but only for a limited time.
The event comes with a new map, new playable DLC characters the Urban Nightmare crew, new Achievements, and new weapons. It's free to anyone that owns the game.
The map, Hellride, is a carnival ride through Heaven and Hell and the playable character, Steampunk Mr Foster, can now be unlocked again, but only for the duration of the event. Harold Lott, has also been introduced, who apparently runs around shouting "money, money, money" in-game, but also has a special particle effect which leaves a trail of cash all over the place.
Here's a more explanatory list of details for the event:
- Free for everyone that owns Killing Floor – auto downloaded through Steam
- All new level – Hellride - experience heaven and hell as you follow the course of this doomed carnival ride
- All creatures in game replaced with freak-shows themed monsters including Pukey the Clown and his side-kick, the Fleshclown
- 16 new Summer Sideshow achievements return only for the duration of the event
- 9 All new achievements added
- 5 new official weapons - the IJC community weapon pack has been polished up and made an official part of the game
- “Steampunk Mr Foster” playable character Unlockable again for the duration of the event
- New DLC Character Pack - "Urban Nightmare"
The event is on now and runs until July 23. Hit up Steam for more details, and watch the trailer below.