Metal Gear Solid 4 sold an incredible 465,000 units in its first week in Japan, the latest Media Create figures show.
Monster Hunter's still hanging in there in fifth place, now having sold a total of 2.2 million copies for PSP. Dragon Ball Z has slipped from pole position last week down to seventh place, with sales down from 92,000 to 18,000 in a single week, a 68 percent decrease in seven days.
Full list courtesy of NeoGaf.
1. [PS3] Metal Gear Solid 4 Guns of the Patriots (Konami) - 465,000
2. [WII] Mario Kart Wii (Nintendo) - 38,000 / 1,444,000
3. [WII] Wii Fit (Nintendo) - 37,000 / 2,227,000
4. [PSP] Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball Portable 3 (Konami) - 27,000 / 187,000
5. [PSP] Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G (Capcom) - 26,000 / 2,203,000
6. [NDS] Hisshou Pachinko Pachislot Kouryaku Series DS Vol. 2 CR Shinseki Evangelion ~Shito, Futatabi~ (D3 Publisher) - 22,000
7. [PS3] Dragon Ball Z Burst Limit (Bandai Namco) - 18,000 / 111,000
8. [NDS] Beautiful Letter Training (Nintendo) - 17,000 / 285,000
9. [NDS] DS Yamamura Misa Suspense: Kyoto Murder Files (Tecmo) - 17,000 / 56,000
10. [WII] Mysterious Dungeon: Fuurai no Shiren 3 (Sega) - 14,000 / 73,000
By Mike Bowden