The Japanese PlayStation Network has been barred from resuming service until Japanese government officials are satisfied that security has improved.
The Ministry of Economy, Trade and Commerce has not approved Sony's plan to restart the Japanese PSN alongside international services, Fox Business reports.
The Ministry's director of Media and Content, Kazushige Nobutani, said he met with Sony representatives and was not satisfied the company had met its targets.
"As of May 13, Sony was incomplete in exercising measures that they said they will do on the May 1 press conference," he said, although he would not give details.
Nobutani added that Sony's reparations to disgruntled consumers may not be robust enough.
"There were similar cases in the past that were caused by other firms, and we are asking Sony whether their measures are good enough when compared to countermeasures taken in the past," he said.
Following last month's hacks, the PSN resumed limited service this morning in Europe, the US, and umbrella territories.