Some users are reporting various inconsistencies with Dying Light's performance on their PCs. There is however a new tweak that appears to alleviate some of these issues.
Members of the community on the Dying Light sub-Reddit are looking into the various performance issues the game is having on PC.
The latest trick should be familiar to those of us who've had to do it before for other games. It involves balancing the load through the different CPU cores. RUFiO006 posted a step-by-step guide on how to force the game not to use one core exclusively, though your mileage may vary.
- Launch the game
- Alt-Tab out and open Task Manager
- Go to the Details tab to see all processes
- Right-click on DyingLightGame.exe
- Choose Set Affinity and uncheck
then re-check ONLY CPU 0. Press OK. The game will freeze in the background, don't worry
- If the Affinity window closes, right-click and open it again, then re-enable
. The game will start running again as before
- You're done! The load will be balanced and the game will run much more smoothly
Finally, you'll unfortunately need to do this each time you launch the game.