Guild Wars 2 will be celebrating Queen Jennah’s Jubilee next week, ArenaNet has announced today.
In Queen’s Jubilee, players will celebrate 10 years of Jennah’s rule by opting to take a hot air balloon to Divinity’s Reach for the opening ceremony.
Once there, players can join the festivities and compete in "ceremonial combat in the Crown Pavilion," a new gladiatorial arena Queen Jennah commissioned for the occasion.
New events an, rewards, and features will be available, as outlined below:
· Hot Air Balloons: Queen Jennah’s court has sent hot air balloons to transport the inhabitants of Tyria to the celebration. Players can find the hot air balloons in the open world and hop a fun, quick and stylish ride to the party.
· The Opening Ceremony: Players can attend the dedication of the Crown Pavilion, a new gladiatorial arena the queen has commissioned for the celebration, and watch its inaugural contest.
· Enter the Crown Pavilion: Players will be tested in this new mini-zone that feature mighty representations of humanity’s enemies. Representing various cities of Tyria, players can be named champion of a nation and gain access to unique reward vendors.
· Fight in the Queen’s Gauntlet: Players can attempt to defeat in single combat increasingly difficult challenges against unique bosses. Taking risks with special gambit conditions will earn more prestigious rewards.
· Watchwork Mechanisms: Watchwork technology – the latest and greatest innovation in Tyria – becomes more important as players can use watchwork parts in new crafting recipes or as currency in the Crown Pavilion to buy items like new rune and sigil recipes and the new Sovereign Weapon Set.
· Mini Watchknight: Completing the Queen’s Jubilee meta achievement will earn players a miniature Watchknight that is modeled after the queen’s new mechanical sentinels.
· Account Wallet for Currency: Players can now keep all of their currencies in one wallet that makes dungeon tokens, coins, karma, laurels, Guild Commendations, Fractal Relics, Badges of Honor, gems and glory accessible to any of the characters on their account.
· PvP Solo Queue: With new Solo Arena matches, players can join PvP matches in a competitive environment without having to gather a full team or fight against a pre-formed group. Solo Arena also features its own leaderboard, so players can earn rank without affecting their Team Arena standings.
· Bonus Rewards for Dungeons: Now, there’s even more incentive for braving the dungeons of Tyria. Each day, when finishing a unique path for any explorable or story dungeon, players will receive a bonus reward for completion – 1 gold for explorable dungeons, 50 silver for story dungeons. These new rewards for dungeon completion replace the guaranteed coin rewards that previously dropped from bosses in dungeons. All other drops from bosses have not been changed.
· Mini-Game Rotation System: Players can take part in the new, daily mini-game rotation that was promised by both of the Captain’s Council candidates in the previous update. The initial rotation includes Sanctum Sprint, Keg Brawl, Southsun Survival and Crab Toss.
The content goes live on August 6, but players can get an early look at the update during a livestream with ArenaNet on August at noon (PDT) on Twitch.